The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Less than an hour adventure...

We just had a baby on Wednesday so my life has been wonderful and hectic lately.  I was getting a little stir crazy this evening and the boys had already gone to bed so I slipped out for an hour down to the Bear River.  I have been set line fishing, but a few weeks ago the water level raised two feet and my set line got snagged.  I decided to leave it and wait until it broke free- tonight I was able to break it free and boy was it a mangled mess.


My bow fishing experience didn't go too well the first time and retrieving the arrows was cumbersome, so I made an upgrade.  I purchased the AMS Original Retriever 310 from Sportsmans Warehouse store in Ogden for $79 and it has made all the difference.  It is a pretty slick rig.


I went out on my normal walk out willow tree.  It was a peaceful night.  I saw ducks, geese, pelicans and even a muskrat swam right underneath me, completely oblivious that I was right above him.  After learning how to aim without using my sights, I took this carp on my second shot.


It was a lunker.  It felt like I was reeling in a log.  It really put up a good fight!


I shot it from about 10 yards away and my arrow went clean through its belly.  One or the raccoons to enjoy!



No comments: