The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Monday, November 1, 2010

ksl.com - Another ‘big one' that didn't get away

ksl.com - Another ‘big one' that didn't get away
October 29th, 2010 @ 8:33pm
STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR -- Remember the big catch made at Strawberry Reservoir we told you about earlier this month? Well, here's another fish tale for you.
Bryant Bunnell of American Fork caught a nearly 30 inch-long cutthroat at Strawberry Reservoir on the morning of Oct. 23. Hey says he was fishing from the shore at about 9:00 in the morning and was using chub meat as bait.
Here's the story in his own words:
"I saw a fish swirling around my bait right before my bubble disappeared. The second I tightened my line, my drag started spinning and I knew I had a big fish on -- but I had no idea how BIG. After a few LONG minutes of working the drag and wearing it out, we finally netted it and pulled it out of the water getting a good look at his size. I couldn't believe my eyes: he was FAT and LONG. As I lifted up the biggest fish I'd ever seen in person, I let out a couple ‘yeehas' and it was pictures and smiles for the rest of the day. A day I'll remember forever, a trout of a lifetime. "
The fish measured 29 inches long, with a 15.5 inch girth, and weighed 8.4 pounds.

No comments: