The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sharp-Tailed Grouse

I got to go bird hunting one last time thanks to Chris, my boss. He let me a couple of guys take off from work a little early to go. We went to Clarkston on some land that the Bagley Brothers had hunted before. We had two dogs with us that helped out. The dogs were acting really birdie when we saw two sharp-tailed grouse get up and fly. In Utah the sharp-tailed grouse has its own special permit to hunt of which none of us had tags for. At the base of the mountain in an open field we kicked up about 30-40 more sharp-tailed grouse. We saw a couple of hen pheasants, but no roosters. We came across another covey of about 35 sharp-tailed grouse not too far from the truck. It was fun to get out and see some birds even though we didn't shoot anything.

No comments: