The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Caleb's First Ice Fishing Trip

Caleb's first ice fishing trip was fun.  The first picture is of him getting splashed with water from a fish.  He stayed busy coloring and watching the Disney channel on my phone when the fishing was slow.  Once we found the fish he had a fun time watching them down the hole and trying to get them to bite his jig.  He almost fell head first into the hole he was so excited.  He actually did fall in-  I just drilled the holes in the tent and told him to stay put while I brought the buckets in- he stepped into the hole thigh deep 2 seconds later.  He stayed warm enough to keep fishing.  He didn't do bad for his first time.  I'm excited to take him more next year.  We went to Hyrum Reservoir in February.

1 comment:

manne said...

He takes after his Grandma. I fell in a hole right outside the tent that I didn't know was there on our ice fishing trip. Never a dull moment.