The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oneida Narrows- Big Rainbow!

 Above:  Spring runoff flowing into the river.  The east side was so dirty that it couldn't be fished.
 Me working some holes.  I caught 2 rainbows before I got up to the dam.
 Brad started out catching 2 rainbows.  He switched from nymphing to a streamer and it brought in this 18.5 inch rainbow!  It was a good fight that took him down stream.  I was able to assist by reaching out over a big rock to net it.
 This is the biggest trout that Brad has ever landed.  It is also the largest trout I have seen pulled out of the narrows.
 We fished streamers up at the dam and we caught several more rainbows.
 View downstream.  The east side was pretty muddy from run off.
 Brad and the view up stream.
Deer grazing at the base of the mountain.

No comments: