The outdoors revitalize my being no matter the activity and even if only for a moment.
Being outdoors reminds me of what is most important; therefore, I long most days to be in the great outdoors.

Monday, October 3, 2011

End of the Elk Hunt...

Well I didn't get an Elk. I really enjoyed the Limited Entry Bull Archery Hunt for the North Cache unit though. I did see a lot of elk. I even saw a bull elk several times, but the closest I ever got was about 80 yards away. My buddy John and I were able to get right in the elk heard one day. We also sat at a water hole one night and had a nice 2 point buck come in 20 yards away to water and then feed in front of me 10-15 yards away for a half and hour. That same night I had a cow elk come in 20 yards away. We heard lots of bulls bugling, but it was always after dark. I saw a lot of moose, including one bull moose that was only 20-25 yards away. I got to hike and learn a lot of land. Thanks to my buddies- John, Brad and Austin. I look forward to future elk hunts!

No comments: